Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Liam retells the legend of Maui and the Sun.

A long time ago in the Maori land there lived a man called Maui. The sun went to fast across the sky and so the people didn’t get their work done. So Maui made a plan to get the sun. So he gathered all of his brothers to help him to cut the flax. After they had cut the flax they went to the place where the sun rose. He made a wall. When the sun was just about out of the hole, Maui leapt up onto the wall and said to the sun,” why do you go so fast across the sky?”. The sun said nothing. Then Maui got so mad that he bashed a magic bone on the sun. The sun said,” you will pay for making me go so slow”. But Maui just chuckled and said to his brothers, “let’s go home”.
Liam

5 comments:

  1. I love the interesting way you have retold this legend, Liam. I especially like how you have written about Maui and the sun talking to each other, and the way you finished by Maui chuckling and saying, "let's go home". Clever writing - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rockets! I hope you are all doing well at school. It's great to look on the blog to see what you have been doing. Well done Johnathan and Reagan for being so good in class and taking Rocket home! Liam, your Maui story is very interesting and it has such an exciting ending. I love the way Maui chuckled! I miss you all Rockets, Louise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LIam

    You are very clever Liam. I really like some of the words you used -chuckled and bashed are my favourites. You also used some very good short sentences and some great longer ones. I can't wait to read what you write next. David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Is this the same Liam who only just started school last year? What an amazing story! Thank you for reading your story to me today in the office. I really enjoyed listening to you read it. Keep up the great work. Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Liam. We loved reading your story of Maui and the sun. We are looking forward to reading your next story.

    Love Mum and Dad

    ReplyDelete